Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Big Apple

Adam and I were able to spend about 4 days in September visiting my sister in New York. This was my second trip to the city but my first since Mary Kathryn has been living there. This mini-vaca was Adam's first time to see all the big apple has to offer! I will say that the weather was great, except for the rain. It wasn't hot, it wasn't cold. The rain was annoying since your feet get you everywhere you need to go. Needless to say, packing my rainboots would have been a wise choice.

The first official day of our trip was spent exploring my sister's neighborhood, Park Slope, in Brooklyn. We really enjoyed Brooklyn and preferred it over being in the city. Especially when I considered life with a baby! The rest of our time was spent doing the normal tourist things in the city. One thing is for sure, New York life is a hassle, exhausting, but exhilirating all at the same time!

Park Slope-Brooklyn

Grimaldis Famous Brooklyn Pizzeria
You have to stand outside the restraunt in line its so good!

Times Square

I know, I know- I look miserable but I was so incredibly cold and wet. We were on the top of a tour bus and it rained more than I have ever seen it rain.

The most "famous" moment of our trip, courtesy of Bonnie, Jimmy Fallon!

Needless to say, it was a great getaway, but we were very excited to be back to our home, cars and most of all to her.....

No comments: